foregoing adj : especially of writing or speech; going before [syn: foregoing(a)]
- Occuring before or in front of something else, in time, place, rank or sequence.
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiry concerning Human Understanding.
Section 3. § 14.
- we may conclude, from the foregoing reasonings, that, as certain unity is requisite in all productions, it cannot be wanting in history more than in any other;
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiry concerning Human Understanding. Section 3. § 14.
occuring before or in front of something else
- Dutch: voorafgaand, voorafgaande
- Finnish: edeltävä
- Norwegian: foregående, forrige
- Portuguese: precedente
- present participle of forego
above, aforegoing, aforementioned, aforenamed, aforesaid, antecedent, anterior, anticipatory, beforementioned, chief, ci-devant, earlier, early, elder, first, fore, forementioned, foremost, forenamed, former, heading, headmost, last, latter, leading, named, older, past, precedent, preceding, precessional, precurrent, precursory, preexistent, preliminary, previous, prime, prior, said, same, senior